With last week being reading week, as well as how hard I've been pushing myself the days before, I decided not to write an entry last week as well as go easy with the workload this week. While I'm not saying I sat in bed all day doing nothing, I did enjoy myself and took things pretty easy.
Last entry had finished The AI. So what came after was the clean up. I've spend several days cleaning up the code and finishing simple stuff that I has just put aside and never really got to. I started with Over-world chests. While i had drawn the images before, I not finished the functionality for them. That, as you'll soon read, seemed to be the theme for the past few days. I re-did some of the materials for props that were sitting around as well as added materials to the building tool i made a while ago. I added a shader to the game itself (something to not change the materials but just give everything a cell-shaded look). I finished a story player that now allows me to simply add entries for the game to play out whenever needed. I finished the bit of code that was tasked with inflicting status effects onto units in battle as well as created a system to trigger and play custom battles that relate to stories (these come with custom game-boards that can be fitted to feel properly laid out for the terrain around it). And lastly, I did do alittle more drawing for sprites and battle animations.
While none of these tasks were difficult or all that groundbreaking, I am glad I took the time to finish these smaller tasks. This week, while not all games and fun, was needed. My mind was stressed and i was starting to feel burned out. Now that I've rested, I'm all ready to really get back into working on this game.