This last week seemed to just blaze by. I started this week by finalizing the look of my game. I added a cel-shader to the post processing volume that gave the world an almost "wind waker " feeling to it. Because of this, i decided to update the water material to fit the new style (opting to go for a mid ground between the cartoon-y Zelda: Wind Waker style and the realistic look i had before). Once that shader was cleaned up, I went back to the sky sphere I had set up a few weeks ago. I liked the day-night system that was already in place but i found the clouds to be a bit off...so.... i changed the sky sphere to a sky cone. This, as well as playing around with the cloud material, gave the illusion that the clouds were getting far away when approaching the horizon. I also brightened the clouds so to match the new, toon style of the world. Once the sky was set, I added another shader that created cartoon lines around objects (as well as around extreme normal change situations) to give the already toon-y look a...more toon-y look.
I then shifted gears and, finally, cleaned up all the sprites i had drawn from the weeks before. I used these sprites to create animations that will drive the combat system. One by one, i had to set the collisions to be exactly where they were needed (so to avoid situations where the characters may be across the screen from each other but still able to hit their short-range attacks). This was VERY time consuming and, for a lack of a better word, BORING. But, i got through it and now i can finally say that you can actully fight in my fighting game. Huzzah!
After that it was time to face the music. I had to finish the materials. Spending a good two days, I went through every object i had on the overworld and added the materials i was lacking (as well as tweaked the older materials to mach the new style).
In class, a peer of mine shared a video that showed how to sharpen the look of a game using post processing materials so, once again, i dove into the post processing and was surprised to see that this sharpening worked great with the cartoon lines that i had already added to the game.
Adding signs and redoing the entrance to the first dungeon marked the end of everything i had put off.
I decided to end the week with expanding the landscape and sculpting a bit more distant mountains. It seems like all that's left (when it comes to critical functionality) is to draw the remaining animations, which, if we're being honest, might be a bit more tedious that i originally expected.